I must have missed the first call out from GGV for those interested in helping with the 2023 Jamboree as it wasn’t until a subsequent request for expressions of interest in being LiC in early October 2020 that I even thought about this role.
LiC of a Jamboree… could I do that?… what a challenge… what an opportunity
First step was find out what the job entails and did I have the skills.
- Build a Jamboree 2023 Patrol
- Develop a communication plan and reporting schedule
- Develop a plan and program for the Jamboree
- Implement and deliver the proposed Jamboree
- Close out activities for the Jamboree
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Aged 18 or over, have made the Girl Guide Promise and be a member of a State organisation
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Previous large camp experience in a leadership and/or organisational capacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an effective ability to collaborate and inspire
- Outstanding level of understanding and experience with people and large team management and leading through complexity and conflict